The Apprentice Navigator oversees apprenticeship programs at Taste Project. The position will be responsible for recruitment, onboarding, overseeing completion of learning objectives, and job placement.
Feed, Educate, and Serve
- Have a full understanding of the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Educate guests and volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Promote the organization and organizational events.
- Execute our policies and procedures so everyone can equally participate and enjoy our programs.
- Build a culture of personal value and appreciation of all our guests and volunteers.
- Interact with guests and volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with apprenticeship program partners to recruit potential applicants into various apprenticeship programs.
- Hold information sessions and interview applicants for the apprenticeship programs.
- Work with funding partners to verify availability and eligibility for funding.
- Schedule and coordinate class time between apprentices and educational partners.
- Work with Kitchen Manager to make sure menus reflect the skill requirements to complete the program.
- Work with the Kitchen Manager and Operations Manager to ensure apprentices are receiving the proper number of work experience hours.
- Document and record apprenticeship program milestones, outcomes, and key measurables.
- Report to program partners the necessary measurables.
- Build and maintain employer relationships alongside program partners.
- Coordinate and oversee apprentice showcase events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-years nonprofit experience preferred.
- Food Manager Certification (training provided if hired).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety roles, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Willing and able to lift 50lbs., and be continuously on your feet and walking.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Estimated Start Date:
July 1, 2022
Number of Positions Open:
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete submissions will be reviewed.
Taste Project is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.