The Event Coordinator coordinates activities of event staff, event volunteers, and clients to arrange organizational and private events.
Feed, Educate, and Serve
- Has a full understanding of the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Educates guests and volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Promotes the organization and organizational events.
- Executes our policies and procedures so everyone can equally participate and enjoy our programs.
- Builds a culture of personal value and appreciation of all our guests and volunteers.
- Interacts with guests and volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Book, plan, and carry out organizational and private events.
- Consult with guests to determine objectives and requirements for events, such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation for participants, facilities, food, linen, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing, and event security.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, displays, and other event needs.
- Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to guest requirements.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Train and supervise volunteers and support staff required for events.
- Organize registration of event participants.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- 2-years experience preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety roles, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests, volunteers, and staff the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Food Manager Certification (training provided if hired).
- Willing and able to lift 50lbs., and be continuously on your feet and walking.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Estimated Start Date:
July 1, 2022
Number of Positions Open:
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only complete submissions will be reviewed.
Taste Project is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.