Taste Community Restaurant is looking for two Kitchen Leads. The Kitchen Lead reports to the Executive Chef and is responsible for ensuring the highest food quality while working with volunteers. The Kitchen Lead is responsible for educating volunteers and guests on our mission and vision, ensuring volunteers feel right at home in our facility, and for providing an exceptional experience for our volunteers. This position is responsible for everything inside of the kitchen including oversight of the Kitchen Team. The Kitchen Lead position is a paid position.
- Educates volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project, and promotes the organization and organizational events.
- Manages and trains volunteers on our Kitchen Team including Food Prep, Prep Cook, Line Cook, and Kitchen Team Leads; and is willing to complete each Kitchen Team Member role if needed.
- Monitors the activity of volunteers to ensure adherence to facility policies and provides support in handling guests and critical issues.
- Interacts with all volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
- Coaches volunteers on proper service etiquette, health department requirements, and overall service quality.
- Provides support in monitoring the activity of guests to ensure adherence to facility policies and provides support in handling guests and critical issues.
- Coaches volunteers on proper use of kitchen tools and tasks, and overall service quality.
- Responsible for managing food costs, and placing and receiving orders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years Line Cook experience or formal culinary training.
- Full-service dining experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Taste Project mission and vision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population on a daily basis with compassion and patience.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of Taste Project and Taste Community Restaurant.
- Ability to teach a diverse population of volunteers new skills.
- Food Manager Certification (training provided if hired).
- Willing and able to lift 30lbs.
- Willing and able to perform continuous walking, stooping, and standing.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends.
Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Estimated Start Date:
Number of Open Positions:
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume, salary requirements, and shift availability to email@example.com.