Taste Community Restaurant is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for educating volunteers and potential volunteers on our mission and vision, ensuring volunteers feel right and home in our facility, and for providing an exceptional experience for our volunteers. This position is responsible for our Taste Bud Volunteer Program and is responsible for connecting with volunteers to help them navigate our on-boarding process. The Volunteer Coordinator position is a paid position.
- Recruits, trains, coordinates, and monitors the work of volunteers ensuring ample coverage to meet service needs.
- Educates volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project, and promotes the organization and organizational events.
- Manages and trains volunteers on our Welcome Team including Lobby Attendants, Greeters, Hosts/Hostesses, and Welcome Team Leads; and is willing to complete each Welcome Team Member role if needed.
- Manages and trains volunteers on our Service Team including Bussers, Food Runners, Servers, and Service Team Leads; and is willing to complete each Service Team Member role if needed.
- Manages and trains volunteers on our Kitchen Team including Food Prep, Prep Cook, Line Cook, and Kitchen Team Leads; and is willing to complete each Kitchen Team Member role if needed.
- Monitors the activity of volunteers to ensure adherence to facility policies and provides support in handling guests and critical issues.
- Interacts with all volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
- Coaches volunteers on proper service etiquette, health department requirements, and overall service quality.
- Organization of volunteer information and tracks volunteer activity in order to prepare records and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years non-profit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Taste Project mission and vision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population on a daily basis with compassion and patience.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of Taste Project and Taste Community Restaurant.
- Ability to teach a diverse population of volunteers new skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience using salesforce.com a plus.
- Food Manager Certification (training provided if hired).
- Willing and able to lift 30lbs.
- Willing and able to perform continuous walking, stooping, and standing.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends.
Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Estimated Start Date:
Number of Positions Open:
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume, salary requirements, and shift availability to email@example.com.