The Development Associate is responsible for implementing the annual fundraising plan for Taste Project, including small annual events, fundraising appeals, and grant writing. The Development Associate will also manage a portfolio of mid-level donors to personally cultivate and steward through a relationship management process to move donors up to the next level of giving. They will also work closely with the Executive Director to organize and implement the major giving fundraising program and assist with the management of all donor portfolios. They will also manage the donor database and other development operations as needed.
Feed, Educate, and Serve
- Have a full understanding of the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Educate our community on the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Promote the organization at organizational events.
- Execute Taste’s policies and procedures so everyone can equally participate and enjoy the programs.
- Build a culture of personal value and appreciation of all stakeholders.
- Interact with stakeholders to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
- Implement quarterly direct mails, quarterly virtual donor updates, a month-long matching gift initiative, North Texas Giving Day and other events and appeals identified in the annual fundraising plan.
- Meet annual targeted goals for donor segments, giving levels, donor retention and new donor acquisition, and plan for benchmarking and goals for the next year.
- Manage grant proposals, which include a goal of submitting 24 proposals in 2021.
- Assist with the diner loyalty program, identifying ways to communicate to and solicit restaurant diners for the Taste annual fund.
- Assist with the solicitation of Taste volunteers, inviting them in to giving to the Taste annual fund
- Manage a portfolio of donors of less than $2,500, cultivating relationships and encouraging giving at the next level
- Maintain the portfolio and relationship management process for all major giving prospects, working closely with the Executive Director and other staff and volunteers helping in the prospecting process.
- Assist with marketing events as needed, utilizing events for cultivation opportunities of major donors and prospects.
- Manage the SalesForce donor database, gift receipting, and acknowledgment process and run fundraising reports on an ongoing basis to manage the progress of fundraising. Enter all gifts in the database, maintain donor information, and integrity of the database.
- Enter donor prospect notes and information into the database to assist with the relationship management process.
- Serve as a Taste Project advocate and representative in the community.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 3-5 years nonprofit experience on a fundraising team;
- Experience in managing special events and the ability to manage many logistics;
- Grant writing experience;
- Understanding of the relationship management process, volunteer coordination, and data management;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess a keen attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality work;
- Assertive with the ability to manage of team of volunteers and maintain accountability of others;
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Strong computer and technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- SalesForce experience a plus;
- Understanding, alignment, and full support of the Taste Project mission.
Location: Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Number of Open Positions: 1
How to Apply: To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Start Date: August 1
Taste Project is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.