Taste Community Restaurant is looking for one Kitchen Manager. The Kitchen Manager reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for educating volunteers and guests on our mission and vision, ensuring guests feel right at home in our facility, and for providing an exceptional culinaryexperience. The position is responsible for all aspects of kitchen and oversees the volunteer kitchen teams and support staff. The Kitchen Manager position is a paid position.
Feed, Educate, and Serve
- Have a full understanding of the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Educates guests and volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Promotes the organization and organizational events.
- Execute our policies and procedures so everyone can equally participate and enjoy our programs.
- Build a culture of personal value and appreciation of all our guests and volunteers.
- Interact with guests and volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily management of the culinary experience at Taste Community Restaurant and executing our high standards.
- Provide support for staff and volunteer needs, including handling any complaints and critical issues.
- Train support staff to perform all required duties, ensuring they have all tools needed to perform their duties to the fullest.
- Responsible for support staff labor budget and reporting payroll.
- Organize and supervise assigned volunteers. Keep them engaged and coach them on service and quality standards.
- Responsible for volunteer and staff labor budget and communicating needs for special events, holidays, etc. with the assigned volunteer manager.
- Create management reports (dashboards) on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis detailing key measurables and milestones.
- Responsible for accurate accounting of dish and food cost, shrink, waste, and product yields.
- Responsible for prep scheduling and food production for our services and events.
- Demonstrates responsibility for purchasing, receiving,and storing food products, inspection of local suppliers, use of correct products and proper par levels to minimize food waste and optimize food cost.
- Works with Executive Chef to standardize the recipes,plate presentation and create menus.
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulation.
- Manage maintenance and repair of furnishing, fixtures, and equipment to ensure the restaurant is in working order.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years experience in culinary arts, restaurants or other related fields.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact and engage with a diverse population with compassion and patience.
- Food Manager Certification (training provided if hired).
- Willing and able to lift 50lbs. and be continuously on your feet and walking.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidate must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Number of Open Positions:
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume, salary requirements, and shift availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.