The service team is responsible for providing an exceptional experience for our guests. Servers greet customers, answer questions related to the menu items, and make recommendations. Food Runners and Bussers support Servers by delivering meals to our guests and clearing plates.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Clear plates and glasses from tables and take to the dishwasher station for cleaning.
- Clean tables and counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware and ensuring salt, pepper, and table condiments are filled.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, taking out trash, and checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Prepare hot and cold drinks for guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as tidying up expedite station, drink station, taking out trash, and checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Serve food or beverages to guests, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present, explain, and recommend menu items for guests.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and deliver to the drink station and kitchen.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as tidying up server station, taking out trash, and checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Manage all checklists for the Service Team.
- Provide leadership and answer key questions of the service team, and report critical issues to the manager.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, and tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine glasses to the table and pour wine for guests.
- No experience needed to volunteer as a Busser. On-site training will be provided.
- Food Runners must complete onsite training. (Pre-requisite: Busser Training)
- Servers must complete on-site training. (Pre-requisite: Food Runner Training).
- Service Team Lead must complete on-site training and maintain a valid Food Handlers Card. (Pre-requisite: Server Training and 20 hours of service which can be waived with prior experience verification)
*Please note, although it is not necessary to handle guest payments to volunteer for any of these positions; if you would like to, you must complete a basic background check. This is only to ensure the security of our guests’ payment methods.
Taste Community Restaurant is open Tuesday – Sunday (closed on Monday). Our Volunteer Coordinator will connect with you to schedule a shift that works with your schedule. Typical volunteer shifts on the Service Team are 3 hours each and cover the following times:
- 10:00am – 1:00pm
- 11:00am – 2:00pm
- 12:00pm – 3:00pm