Taste Project is looking for a Volunteer Recruiter. The Volunteer Recruiter is responsible for volunteer for recruitment and outreach, making certain our project sites have the team needed to provide our services. This position is responsible for our Taste Bud Volunteer Program and is responsible for connecting with and engaging our volunteers. The Volunteer Recruiter position is a paid position, it is currently under development and the key responsibilities may change over time.
Feed, Educate, and Serve
- Has a full understanding of the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Educates guests and volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project.
- Promotes the organization and organizational events.
- Executes our policies and procedures so everyone can equally participate and enjoy our programs.
- Builds a culture of personal value and appreciation of all our guests and volunteers.
- Interacts with guests and volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging.
- Recruits, coordinates, and monitors the work of volunteers ensuring ample coverage to meet service needs.
- Facilitates and manages volunteer communications, keeping volunteers aware of the impact of the work they are having while volunteering at taste.
- Educates volunteers on the mission and vision of Taste Project and promotes the organization and organizational events.
- Works closely with the individual project site teams to make sure a healthy and positive environment is created for our volunteers to serve.
- Listens to the needs of our individual site teams to make sure they are getting the volunteers needed to ensure a great experience at each site.
- Monitors the activity of volunteers to ensure adherence to facility policies and provides support in handling guests and critical issues.
- Interacts with all volunteers to promote inclusion and a sense of belonging to the broader mission of Taste Project.
- Encourages volunteers to serve across multiple projects and experience everything that Taste Project is doing within their community (as we grow and develop future projects).
- Organization of volunteer information and tracks volunteer activity in order to prepare records and reports.
- Organizes and manages volunteer appreciation event for out Taste Bud volunteer team.
- Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to assisting Executive Director is various admin duties for the various project teams.
- 2 years non-profit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the Taste Project mission and vision.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population on a daily basis with compassion and patience.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image of Taste Project and Taste Community Restaurant.
- Ability to teach a diverse population of volunteers new skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience using salesforce.com a plus.
- Food Manager Certification (training provided if hired).
- Willing and able to lift 30lbs.
- Willing and able to perform continuous walking, stooping, and standing.
- Willing to undergo a background check.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends.
Location: Taste Community Restaurant (1200 South Main Street; Fort Worth, Texas 76104)
Number of Open Positions: 1
How to Apply: To apply, email your resume, salary requirements, and shift availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Taste Project is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.